Work with us.
The Play Base is looking for an experienced, energetic, fun, and deeply passionate behaviour therapist to provide support to clients with various behavioural and developmental needs, in the home setting. The Play Base approach requires behaviour therapists to use an eclectic or multi-modal therapeutic approach as a lens for providing meaningful behavioural and developmental intervention to clients. Our model has behaviour therapists working in naturalistic environments alongside clients and their peers, so successful candidates will be able to build very strong and meaningful relationships with clients and have high energy to fully participate and engage in the daily activities that clients do.
- Post-secondary education in a related field such as behavioural sciences, education, or psychology
- Experience working with children with ASD, DS, ADHD, LD’s, and challenging behaviours
- Experience working within the principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) not including IBI (2 years experience)
- A postgraduate certificate in the field of ABA is a bonus but not required
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in developing skill acquisition programs as well as behaviour support plans for those with behavioural and developmental challenges
- Valid criminal background check and vulnerable sector search
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
Roles and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a passion for creating and maintaining a fun-filled rapport in which learning objectives are delivered in a naturalistic play-based manner.
- Careful implementation of the therapeutic intervention program.
- Follow a prescribed behaviour plan.
- Tracking data on goal attainment.
- Maintaining communication between the family and team members.
- To work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team in the community.
- To participate in the development and delivery of both individualized and group interventions.
- To attend team meetings and meetings with supervisory staff.
- To uphold The Play Base policies.